Healing Pathway ministry is grounded in the teachings of Jesus, in our Christian faith and in the ancient traditions of hands on healing as portrayed in the scriptures and reflected in almost every major religion.
Several United Church congregations throughout BC and Canada offer this ministry. The same program has been used by Hospice Vancouver and Hospice Chilliwack for their relaxation program.
It is an energy-based approach to healing, working with and restoring balance to the energy fields that surround your body. Changes may be experienced on a physical, mental, emotional and/or spiritual level. It is not a cure for a specific ailment. It is a complement to traditional medical & psychological care.
Healing Touch works to restore wholeness of body, mind and spirit. Healing may take place on any of these levels.
- Reduction of anxiety and stress
- Increased relaxation
- Enhancement of spiritual development
All of these have been shown to enhance physical healing.
Many people describe an increased sense of well being after a session. For those grounded in the Christian Faith, this may manifest as a sense of being enveloped in God’s healing love.
What is it like to receive?
- Check out www.healingpathway.ca for more information and a video describing what we offer.
- Sessions are either given while sitting in a chair or lying fully clothed on a padded massage table. The practitioners will move their hands in gentle motions around your body. Touch is usual but not necessarily required if you are uncomfortable with it.
- During the session you may simply close your eyes & relax, or you may want to ask questions or share any feelings you are experiencing. You are “in charge” of the session. If at any time you feel uncomfortable you may ask the session to be stopped. A session usually lasts 30 minutes.
- Practitioners are guided by a code of ethics & confidentiality.
To Book a Session
Sessions are open to the congregation and the community by appointment which may be arranged for times and places outside regular sessions e.g. Hospice. There is no charge. If receiver chooses, a donation will be accepted, with the funds going towards resources for the program.
Contact Karen for more information or to book an appointment (778-232-1311)